At Oper, we believe that getting a mortgage should take just a few clicks, from the comfort of your own home. Our team is working with lenders and brokers to redesign their mortgages processes and make this dream a reality. We offer lenders and brokers an out-of-the-box, white-labeled SaaS product that supports self-service mortgage applications, collaboration tools, digital signatures, integrations with relevant data sources and more.
Our early traction has attracted top industry investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Swiss Immo Lab, Verve Ventures and Pitchdrive and earned us recognition with top FinTech accelerators such as Barclays Techstars, Plug & Play and F10 FinTech Accelerator.
We’re a hybrid remote company with team members spread over continental Europe and offices in Zürich and Antwerp. At the time of writing our small but quickly growing team consists of 7 nationalities and 6 different mother tongues. We’re very proud on this diverse set of people and the intellectually stimulating environment it creates.
As a technology driven company we use a modern tech stack including Python, Django, Celery, PostgreSQL, Redis, Angular, NX, NgRx, RxJS, GitLab CI/CD, Terraform, Kubernetes and a range of cloud providers and tools. The whole team is focused on delivering world-class customer experience consistently on each deploy without sacrificing quality.
To support our rapid Pan-European growth we are looking for an experienced back end software engineer to join our engineering team in designing, building & delivering a wide range of features to our platform on each cycle.
– You will design a scaleable, performant & secure application architecture exposed through a REST API
– You will build a large scale multi-cloud web application leveraging the latest technologies
– You will develop and integrate a wide range of functionalities (Open Banking, Digital Signatures, OCR, predictive analytics,…)
– You will extend our automated testing and configuration suite
– You will support and share knowledge with your team members and shape our engineering culture
We are looking for a front end engineer that is passionate about technology and just loves to build new things
– You have 5+ years total professional experience as a software engineer
– You have 3+ years web development experience in Python using Django or other frameworks
– You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English
– You have experience with packaging & deploying Python applications using DevOps tools
– You have experience designing and maintaining SQL and NoSQL data stores (PSQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc…)
– You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics or similar field
– You have experience with Infrastructure-as-code (Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation) and configuration management
– You have experience in cyber security projects
– You have experience in financial services
We are a young and fast-growing company with a strong ambition to change an old and slow-changing industry.
To realize this, we’re building a stellar team in which you will be challenged tremendously and where you will work with a high level if autonomy. Apart from having the independence to move the needle and make an impact you’ll be surrounded by an open team that is there to support you along the way. We like to have a laugh, play games & do sports together. With 7 nationalities and 6 different mother tongues, you’ll be exposed to a close-knit diverse set of minds.
Our hybrid remote set up with offices in Antwerp and Zürich provides us with the flexibility of coming together when we want to while catering for every individual life-style.
Our financial offer will be based on the 50th-75th percentile of the Stack Overflow salary calculator using the parameters of your profile and will include extralegal benefits based on the legal framework of your location.